Welcome to CYA Volleyball - Boys & Girls
Monday - September 12, 2022
Hello CYA Volleyball Families,
Today marks the official start of our CYA Volleyball season! By this time, you should have received an email from your coach (or me) with the details about your regular practices. If you have not received these details, please let me know. Please remember these details:
· Each player must bring a ball. For those in grades 6 and younger, we suggest a volley lite type ball. For those in 7th grade and up, we suggest an official size ball (regular weight). CYA does not provide balls for each player and it is important to have a ball to practice with at home.
· Knee pads are suggested but not mandatory.
· Players should always bring water or a refillable water bottle (some drinking fountains are still for filling bottles only).
· No food or drinks aside from water in the gyms.
· Younger players should be walked into the gym. We do not prefer that parents/guardians/spectators stay inside the gym at practices. Aside from the fact that spectators can be very distracting for players and coaches, having extra people hanging around makes it hard to know if our players are secure. Parents/guardians can wait outside of the gym, making sure to promptly pick their player up at the end of practice. Coaches are not allowed to leave until all players are picked up. If they are made to wait more than once, your player will no longer be allowed to participate.
· Please be patient and kind to your coaches. They are all volunteers, and we are thankful they are willing to help our players learn. Any issue should be addressed to me first, not the coaches. If you are willing to volunteer or help your players team this season, please let me or your coach know so we can let you now how best to help. Anyone who works with our players must register as a volunteer at the following link: https://chantillyyouth.org/registration
We are hoping to distribute jerseys at the practices or games this week. As with everything these days, we have been affected by supply chain issues. If we do not receive them, we will still play!
I am working on the game schedule for this Saturday, September 17th. I hope to have that finished by today, but definitely by tomorrow (this does not apply to middle school or high school boys).
It is very, very important to check your email throughout the season for important information regarding your players team. Be sure to keep an eye out for updates and instructions in case of a schedule change or emergency. Sometimes we have last-minute changes which are out of our control.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know! Here's to a great season!
CYA Volleyball is recruiting Referees for the upcoming Fall 2022 season. We require our referees to be at least 13 years old and be confident, responsible, and very reliable. We pay per match refereed. If you prefer to receive volunteer hours in lieu of pay, that can be arranged.
Referees must attend at least one training session! Here are the upcoming sessions for this season:
Friday, July 29th from 4-6pm at the Fieldhouse
Sunday, July 31st from 3-5pm at the Fieldhouse
Tuesday, August 9th from 6-7:30pm at Liberty Middle School (please note different location!)
For additional information, please contact Jenny Jung, the CYA Volleyball Referee Coordinator.
Jenny - email@example.com
Fall 2022 volleyball picture day will be held on Saturday, October 15th (schedule and location TBA). You should receive a form from your coach, but they will be available at the site as well.
Now that assessments are almost over (high school boys assessments are on March 31st), I am working on building teams for the Spring 2022 season. Please be patient, as this takes quite a bit of time. You will be hearing from your coach very soon! Please make sure your player has a volleyball to bring to practices. Players in grade 6 and younger should have a lighter, softer ball like the "Volley Lite". Players in 7th grade and up should have an "official" type ball.
While registration is on-going, most of our age groups are full and any new registrants will be added to a waitlist in case more space opens up. Since we will not know our spring practice schedule until much closer to the start of the season in late March or early April, please feel free to note during registration any days/times your player is unavailable. Each team will have one weeknight practice per week and one (possibly two) games, almost always on Saturdays between 9am and 6pm. All games and practices will be held at local FCPS gyms in Chantilly or Herndon, or at the Field House in Chantilly.
The fee for the spring season is $170.
Let's GO! The tentative start date for CYA Volleyball this Spring is the week of April 11th, with game play beginning on April 23rd. Assessments will be held for players who wish to participate on a select or travel team during the week of March 22nd (schedule to be released soon).
WE NEED COACHES!! The success of our program depends on volunteer coaches. If you would like to coach, please register as a volunteer at this link: https://www.chantillyyouth.org/registration and/or contact April Day at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We will be updating all of the links to various elements of the program on this page including age group rules, registration information, tryout information and much more. Please stay tuned for additional news as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please contact our Volleyball Administrator
April Day - email@example.com
Volleyball Sizes for Practice
|Ages 8 and under||Oversized & Lightweight|
|Ages 8-12||Official Size & Lightweight|
|Ages 13 and up||Official Size & Official Weight|
Spring 2022 volleyball picture day will be held on Saturday, June 4th (schedule and location TBA). You should receive a form from your coach, but they will be available at the site as well.
EXCITING NEWS FOR CYA VOLLEYBALL!
Through careful analysis over the past couple of years, we have determined that it is time to make some changes to our program in order to accommodate future growth. As part of the CYA 50th Anniversary Celebration, CYA Volleyball is being Re-Branded and Overhauled!
In order to make this process a success, we need your help! We are reaching out to all of our volleyball families and asking for help in establishing the new CYA Volleyball Management structure.
Initially, we need to establish an operating committee. Next, we will need to identify coaches for both recreational and eventually club level teams. Our Spring 2021 season was a huge success and we are looking forward to an even better Fall 2021 season!
Our goal is to establish and develop a program that allows players to grow and compete at various levels suitable for individual skill ability. The CYA Fieldhouse provides a year round home for CYA Volleyball and will give us a place to hold camps and clinics during the off season.
If you are interested in growing with us, please reach out to April Day at firstname.lastname@example.org. April has offered to take on the administrative role in an effort to gather information and put together Zoom Meetings over the coming weeks as the process moves forward.
Get ready CYA! This is going to be a rewarding year for us and when it’s done, the foundation for our future will be in place. How exciting is that!?
Stay Tuned to our Website for Information as it becomes available!