In order to register for this event, you MUST register online!!
Simply click on the registration button at the top of this page and follow the registration details as though you were registering for a CYA Sport. There is no required registration fee but we are asking that all participants make a small donation to help offset the costs we have (Referees, T-Shirts, etc...).
Bennett Rill Memorial Basketball Event Details - Saturday, June 13th, 2015
Age: Rising 7th and up. Groupings = 7th/8th...9th/10th...11th & over. This last group will be mostly 11th & 12th graders, but there will a couple of adult groups tossed in with them. That's Right, Adults are Welcome to Play!
Girls, Boys, Men and Women - they choose their team and what level they want to play (Competitive or Recreational)
Games will be held at Rachel Carson Middle School between 12 - 4:00pm with the Championship Games at Floris United Methodist Church between 4 - 6:00pm. There will also be a reception at Floris Church at the conclusion of the Championship Games.
Tentative Game Times: Depending on the number of teams we have playing, we are targeting games to take place between 11am and 5pm. We will lock down the game times once we have a final on the number of teams.
- Each team must have at least three (3) players and no more than five (5) players on their roster and be registered as a team by the predetermined entry deadline. Additions and/or changes on rosters will not be permitted under any circumstances after the registration deadline.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of two games.
- Players may appear on only one (1) team roster for each tournament. Any player appearing on more than one (1) team roster will be automatically disqualified from participating in the tournament.
- Each player must sign a liability waiver upon entry to the tournament; participants under 18 MUST have a parental signature.
- Three players must start each game.
- Jewelry (earrings, rings, watches, etc...), hats, bandanas, and/or casts are not allowed to be worn by players during tournament games. Any player that refuses to remove any such item prior to play, is not eligible to participate in that game
- Players should be identified as part of a team (i.e. Uniform, Matching Shirt, Printed Team Name etc).
- All teams are Co-Ed. Teams are responsible for their own “Uniform”.
- A game is 10 or 15 minutes with a continuous clock or to 15 points, whichever comes first.
- Starting possession is decided by a coin toss at the beginning of a game.
- Clock will only stop for injury, and/or at official’s discretion.
- All open wounds should be bandaged; if blood is detected during a game, a substitution must take place.
- Each successful basket inside the 3 point line counts as one (1) point and any basket scored outside the 3 point line is worth (2) points, fouls that occur behind the three point line are still only one (1) foul shot. The shooter can choose to take a regular foul shot for one point (if the shot is missed the shooting team retains possession, if the shot is made the opposing team gets possession) or the shooter can take a foul shot behind the 3 point line to receive two points, on a 2 point foul shot possession changes to opposing team regardless if the shot is hit or not.
- Change of possession must begin at the top of the key.
- Following each dead ball period the team about to put the ball in play must check the ball with a defensive player.
- After checking the ball with his/her opponent the player putting the ball in play must do so by passing the ball to a teammate.
- Following each change of possession the ball must be taken back past the 3 point line.
- If the ball changes possession and the ball is not cleared, and the player shoots and scores, no basket shall be awarded. The team who shot the ball will losee the possession of the ball.
- Jump balls will be awarded to the team on defense.
- FOULS: If a foul is committed, the opposing team takes the ball out at the top of the key. If a person is fouled while in the act of shooting, the fouled team gets one foul shot, fouls that occur behind the three point line are still only one (1) foul shot. The shooter can choose to take a regular foul shot for one point (if the shot is missed the shooting team retains possession, if the shot is made the opposing team gets possession) or the shooter can take a foul shot behind the 3 point line to receive two points, on a 2 point foul shot possession changes to opposing team regardless if the shot is hit or not. After six team fouls are committed, the team will shoot a bonus shot on all successive fouls, they may choose to take a one point foul shot or a two point foul shot and previous foul shooting rules mentioned above apply.
- TECHNICAL FOUL: You will be eliminated from the game after the first technical foul is committed, and eliminated from the tournament and ejected from the premises if a second technical foul is committed. Technical fouls may be called for, but not limited to bad language, unsportsmanlike conduct, fighting, etc. If you are eliminated due to technical foul there will be no refunds.
- TIE GAME: Official will flip a coin to determine who will take the ball out at the top of the key. Overtime will be in sudden death format. The first basket in, wins.
- FORFEIT OF THE GAME: The following infractions will result in a game forfeiture: Failure to be on the court at scheduled time; if three players cannot start the game.
1. Player substitution is permitted only during any dead ball situation.
The sport supervisor of the 3 on 3 basketball tournament has the authority to disqualify any player who conducts him/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner.