2017-2018 CYA Wrestling
- SEASON TIMEFRAME: Wrestling season runs from November 2017 through February 2018. Practice sessions are held on weeknights at Chantilly High School in the wrestling room. There are no practices during the Thanksgiving Holiday and Winter Holiday. Tournaments are held on weekends all throughout Northern Virginia.
- 2017-2018 REGISTRATION OPTIONS:
- INTRODUCTION TO WRESTLING (2011-2012): This is an introductory option is for 5-6 year olds born between January 2011 and December 2012. The fundamentals of wrestling will be introduced during hour long, weekly practice sessions. These sessions will take place on Tuesdays from 6:15-7:15pm. Wrestlers in this age group do not compete in tournaments and are focused on learning about the sport and having fun.
- PRACTICE ONLY OPTION: (2007-2010): This option is for both new wrestlers who want to try out the sport or for experienced wrestlers that are not interested in competing on the weekends. Wrestlers will attend 2 practice sessions during the week but will not participate in any tournaments. Please not that practice only wrestlers and tournament competition wrestlers practice together during the week so that everyone has the same exposure to the sport.
- TOURNAMENT COMPETITION OPTION (2003-2010): This option is for those wreslters that are ready to compete in the tournament setting against wrestlers from other clubs. Wrestlers will attend 2-3 practice sessions during the week AND attend tournaments on the weekends. There are Sunday tournaments hosted by the Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation (NVWF) and Saturday tournaments hosted by Top of the Podium. There will be 15 opportunities to wrestle in tournaments scheduled all throughout Northern Virginia.
- Note: All competition wrestlers MUST complete a second registration through NVWF. There is NO ADDITIONAL FEE for this registration but you must register and agree to all of the NVWF codes of conduct in order to be able to compete in NVWF Tournaments.
- REGISTRATION FEES:
- Introduction to Wrestling
- Practice Only Option
- $110 1st Wrestler
- 15% off for each additional wrestler from the same family
- Tournament Competition Option:
- $175 1st Wrestler
- 15% discount for each additional wrestler from the same family
- All tournament competition wrestlers must also provide a $100 deposit for the rental of a singlet or two-piece uniform. Deposits will be collected during the season and returned at the season end when the singlet is returned.
Note: To receive the sibling discount, all wrestlers from the same family must be registered at the same time from the same family account.
- PRACTICE SESSIONS:
- Location: All practices will be held in the Chantilly High School Wrestling Room. This is most easily accessible from Entrance #10 at Chantilly HS.
- Practice Days and Times:
Mondays 6:15-8:00 - All Club Practice Session (7-14 years old)
Tuesdays 6:15-7:15 - Introduction to Wrestling (5-6 years old)
Tuesdays 7:15-8:45 - Advanced Practice (Invitation Only)
Wednesdays 6:15-8:00 - All Club Practice session (7-14 years old)
Fridays 6:00-7:15 - - Intermediate Practice Session (9-14 years old)
Note: See NVWF chart below for appropriate age group
- Practice Attire: All wrestlers must wear a t-shirt, shorts, wrestling shoes, and headgear during all practice sessions.
- Wrestling Shoes: All wrestlers must wear wrestling shoes during practice and at tournaments. If a wrestler does not have shoes, they may practice in socks. Please order shoes as soon as possible as youth wrestling shoes can be difficult to purchase.
- Headgear: All wrestlers must wear headgear during practice and at NVWF tournaments.
- NVWF TOURNAMENTS: NVWF Tournaments are held on Sundays in high schools throughout Northern Virginia. Tournaments can be scheduled in several different counties including Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Stafford, Faquier, and King George. Each tournament is sponsored by the Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation (NVWF). Please see below for more information about the NVWF.
- TOP OF THE PODIUM TOURNAMENTS: TOP tournaments are held on Saturdays at either Top of the Podium in Sterling or at a high school in Loudoun County. These tournaments all have a unique format and match pairings are made based on age, ability, and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see out the FAQ section for additional information. For any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation
CYA Wrestling Tournament Competition wrestlers participate in tournaments hosted by the Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation (NVWF), also known as "The Federation." This is a developmental wrestling league for beginner and novice wrestlers to compete against other wrestlers of the same age division (chart below), weight (+/- 3-5lbs), and experience. Each wrestler will receive 2 or 3 matches at each weekend tournament. The Federation also hosts an end-of-year Regional Tournament for all teams and wrestlers that qualify. For more information, go to http://www.nvwf.net/
Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation 2017-2018 Age Divisions
||2012 - 2011
||5 - 6
||2010 - 2009
||7 - 8
||2008 - 2007
||2006 - 2005
||11 - 12
||2004 - 2003
||13 - 14