The Emerging Talent Program introduces CYA U8 players (and advanced U7 players) to an academy style training system which is professionally designed, managed, and run. Its focus is on footskill development and age appropriate soccer education to bring out the best in your young player! The fall ETP experience offers your child many unique benefits. They will be exposed to coaches and trainers who have complemented their playing experience with an enhanced youth educational background. Each weekly session will focus on skill development with games and exercises that reinforce the developmental goals.
All ETP participants will be offered an opportunity to participate in an end-of-season tournament mid-November. While this is an optional activity, we highly encourage participation as it will give participants their first opportunity to play against other clubs. Additional fees would apply to participate.
After the sessions during weeks three through six, there will be scrimmages for our ETP participants. We are inviting some neighboring clubs to participate in these scrimmages as well, so this will be a fantastic opportunity for your son or daughter to put their newly learned skills to use in a game-like setting.
Once a week training sessions will take place at Franklin Middle School (3300 Lees Corner Road, Chantilly, VA 20151) on Saturday afternoons and will start two weeks after the beginning of the recreational season! As they are on Saturday afternoons, your child will not have practice or game conflicts.
ETP Training Sessions
· Saturday, September 29th: 4-5PM (Girls) 5-6PM (Boys)
· Saturday, October 6th: No Sessions Columbus Day Weekend Holiday
· Saturday, October 13th: 4-5PM (Girls) 5-6PM (Boys)
· Saturday, October 20th: 3-4PM (Girls) 4-5PM (Boys)
· Saturday, October 27th: 3-4PM (Girls) 4-5PM (Boys)
· Saturday, November 3rd: 3-4PM (Girls) 4-5PM (Boys)
Saturday, November 10th: 3-4PM (Girls) 4-5PM (Boys)
· There is a cost of $63 registration fee for the ETP fall sessions
· On-line registration opens on Tuesday, August 14th
· Registration deadline is Wednesday, September 19th
· To register go to www.chantillyyouth.org and select the Emerging Talent Program (ETP) from the drop-down menu
· Every player must be registered to participate in the ETP sessions