New for 2017 CYA COMPETITION CHEER
CYA is heading back to the Competition scene and taking it on by Storm! If your cheerleader enjoys dance, stunting, gymnastics and showing off their Chantilly spirit beyond the football season, then register for Competition Evaluations.
CYA Cheer already brought home FIRST place in their division at the Bowie Cheerstarz Championship and Maryland State Cheerstarz competitions this season.
No cheer, dance or gymnastics experience is required! All athletes that are evaluated are placed onto a competition squad.
More detailed information will be distributed in August, but here is what to expect:
- All registrants MUST cheer an entire season of sideline with CYA.
- Late registrants will not be eligible for the competition season.
- A non-refundable $30.00 evaluation fee is required. This fee is then applied towards the first month’s participation fee.
- Evaluations will be held during practices throughout the month of August. Athletes will be evaluated on their current skill level, their ability to improve, follow directions, learn and actively participate. Coaches will also be evaluating attitude, spirit, ambition, leadership, facial expressions, synchronization, technique, etc.
- Following evaluations, CYA will place each athlete onto a squad and invite you to complete your registration for the competition season.
- Competition squads will have two practices a week throughout the season.
- Competition squads will have monthly participation fees (up to $120/month for the 2017/2018 season depending on squad placement) which would be automatically charged to your credit card via CYA registration system.
- Competition season will be August-April.
- Squads will compete in 3-5 events.
- A uniform fee of up to $150 may also be required.
Be sure to register for competition following your registration for Fall Sideline.
If you have any questions about CYA cheerleading please contact the Cheer Coordinator, Shannon Bentz at Cheerleading@chantillyyouth.org.