Please check the Frequently Asked Questions here to find out more about the Travel program. Answers to the following questions can be accessed by clicking Continue below.
1. What is the difference between House and Travel basketball?
2. Should my child try out for the CYA Travel basketball?
3. How do I sign up for CYA Travel Basketball?
4. What is the cost to register? Are there other costs as well?
5. I want to register online but do not want to pay by credit card. What should I do?
6. How old does my child have to be to play CYA Travel Basketball?
7. Are there any residency requirements to play CYA Travel Basketball?
8. When does registration start and end?
9. When and where are the tryouts held?
10. My daughter plays another sport in the Fall? What do I do about conflicts with the Travel tryouts or practices?
11. When does the Travel season start and end?
12. How are the Travel coaches selected?
13. How are the assistant coaches selected?
14. How are the Travel teams selected?
15. How does the player draft work for Travel teams?
16. Why is a different method used at the 10 and under level?
17. My child wants to play for a particular coach. Can this be done?
18. How many Travel teams does CYA have at each age/gender level?
19. How is it determined how many Division 1 and how many Division 2 Travel teams CYA fields at a given age group?
20. How many kids are on each Travel team?
21. How are kids notified as to who has been selected for the Travel teams?
22. Some kids who tried out for Travel basketball have been notified but my child has not. What should I do?
23. My child tried out for Travel basketball but was not selected. What happens now?
24. When and where are Travel practices held?
25. Where and when are the Travel games held?
26. Is there a minimum playing time rule for Travel basketball?
27. How can I find out where my child’s games are being held and when?
28. How can I check on game scores and standings?
29. My child’s coach says he/she needs volunteers to serve as a building director. What is a building director and how do I become one?
30. If I have questions about my child’s team or the Travel program, whom can I ask?